Monday, July 29, 2013

From Jessica's best friend

 
Jess and I became instant friends when her step dad and my dad introduced us the summer before third grade.  We were inseparable throughout much of our childhood and I'm lucky to say we remain close friends to this day.  I always wanted to be like her for many reasons.  She is super athletic and was the star on the basketball team from junior high to high school.  I remember being so proud of her after she helped her team win state.  My best friend was a hero to me. She was outgoing and never afraid to talk to anybody which was good for timid little me.  Jess has so many amazing qualities, but if I could describe Jess in one word it would be STRONG.  I have watched her through many heartbreaks throughout her life a few being; the unexpected passing of her step dad, brain surgery, and most recently the pain of infertility and wanting to be a mother more than anything in the world.  I am always amazed how much stronger she has become after each tragic event.  She has always stayed close to the Lord and because of that I know she will be an amazing mother.  She has the ability to survive whatever is thrown her way because Heavenly Father has prepared her well.  

Jess and I met Spencer at the very same time.  He was a cute boy from our rival school with an Idaho country drawl.  It didn't take long for Jess and Spencer to become an item.  I can honestly say that even when he was at a crazy high school boy age you could sense his kindness and honesty.  He was and is the most kind person to anyone he meets.  He's the type of person to stop and help someone on the side of the road no matter the inconvenience it would bring him.  I'm sure he has helped others more than anyone will ever hear of because he would never be showy about his service.  He is very talented at redoing and fixing things.  You could say he is a man's man.  With his daughters he will be sensitive and understanding, but will definitely have a shotgun out when the boys start coming around.  Of course I'm half joking, but I can see him being very protective of his little girl.  His sons will go hunting, be taught how to fix cars, and literally learn everything about building a house. I wouldn't be surprised if the girls were taught all those things as well.  I have no doubt any child would grow up the luckiest kid in the world to have both Spencer and Jessica as parents.  

My husband and I share the infertility battle with Spencer and Jess.  We adopted our little girl so we have a special connection that not many understand.  Jess and I have had many discussions about adoption so I know that open adoption is something they look forward to.  They are sensitive to the hard decision a mother will make and pray for them even now.  The birth parents of their child will be very loved.

I look forward to the day they are holding a little baby in their arms. No one is more ready to be parents than Spencer and Jess.  I know much of Jessica's family and can already foresee a very loved and spoiled baby who will be welcomed into an awesome extended family.  There will be lots of cousins from both sides of the family and they will always have someone to play with.  If you can't tell. I love these two a lot and pray that their miracle is coming soon!

No comments: