Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School...


Well today was my first day back to school. Instead of lecture (that starts next week), we started the semester off with lab day. We learned how to draw blood and insert IV's. I didn't know whether I should be excited or cry about the first day, but it turned out great. I didn't eat at all before I went, so I felt a little light headed. We had one girl pass out on us. The Instructors did have a bowl of candy for us, so after the girl passed out, we all went and had some. We practiced drawing blood & inserting IV's on each other. It wasn't much fun to be poked. ! All in all, it was fun and I love the girls I go to school with!
(The picture is of our wonderful nursing building at SLCC. It is a nice facility!)

4 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Good luck with school this semester. you are brave I hate IVS and would never let someone just practice but I guess that is how you learn!

Holly and Derek said...

Jess, I would have cried!!! I can't even look when I get my finger pricked let alone having to do it on someone else!! -Holly

Halfords said...

Yeah! Only one year left and then you'll be done :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess- I emailed you the recipe to the pizza....