Sunday, December 7, 2008

Festival of Trees




Spencer & I have made it a tradition to go to Festival of Trees every year! It is all for such a great cause -Primary Children's Hospital! I love that hospital and it might be where I end up working. It has such a great atmosphere to it. This year a tree was donated to my cousin Emily's little girl, Ashley. She returned home to Heavenly Father this past March from a rare brain tumor. It was so neat to see her tree and read her story. It was so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I really look up to my cousin Emily and her amazing strength. What a great family!

4 comments:

Hodges Family said...

That is so sweet I have looked at your cousins blog! Hope you guys have a merry Christmas

Lindsay said...

Beautiful tree and a beautiful girl. What a hard and sad loss.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree and a neat cause. Andrew's family is very faithful attending the Festival of Trees also and we usually try to get a tree or something every couple of years. Andrew's oldest brother died when he was just a baby and spent most of his 15 months at Primary Children's so it too holds a special place for his family.

Kimberly said...

That's so neat. I'm glad you got to see her tree! It's beautiful!