Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I swear by it :)


Yes, I am talking about working out! It all began when I was in Junior High, High School where I started to see what working out did to my mom, so I joined and of course to get in shape for basketball...good ol' basketball, sigh! It has been apart of my life ever since. It helped so much during nursing school and helped me think 100 x better when it came to taking tests. This last week I have really seen how it helps me in every aspect! I come from an anxiety infested family? Don't believe me? Have you met my family, haha j/k...or am I?! I think that is why we all workout. It totally helps. As I have been studying for the biggest test of my life, I have studied a lot of anti anxiety drugs, antidepressants, etc...It is so crazy to think how those little pills come along with tons of side effects and I thought to myself, wow, working out does the same thing, if not 10x better, without crazy side effects, but GREAT ones! I will definitely be a nurse who encourages exercise instead of or maybe as an adjunct to pills. I'm not putting down people who take them (I've even thought about it on my craziest days), I'm just saying give exercise a try. I'm a spaz (ask Spencer) and working out HELPS, I swear by it :).