Friday, September 13, 2013

Our summer project...

This summer we decided to take on the project of doing some home projects...we were up for the challenge!!

We had decided we were not too fond of our plain, white front door and wanted to do a fun change, so we decided to make it look antique with a splash of red! Spencer is so talented so I could not wait to see the end results!!

Here Spencer is putting plastic over the front entrance so our dogs don't get out and nothing gets in :)


Here is our door almost finished, yet still in the garage. I helped paint :)



Here is the final project!! We love it and it definitely changes the look of our home! We have also received so many nice compliments :)


Our next project was an even bigger task. I sure had no idea just how big it was until it began, but I'm sure glad we did it. Spencer did an amazing job!! He retextured our home...



This picture makes me laugh!! I was drawing a design for our laundry room and anyone can tell you Spencer is a perfectionist, well, he put markers on my ruler, so I could get it just right :). I had to also be productive as Spencer was working on the texture. 


This picture is hard to see, but this is our end results of the texture.


Next, paint!! We decided to paint the hall, laundry room, kitchen, and living room. I saw this grey color on a home Spencer had been working on and fell in love with it! It is so pretty!!

Spencer painted the kitchen while I was at work and sent me this picture. I was such a happy girl and could not wait to get home!




This is our laundry room. We did some chevron lines. It looks pretty cute :)


I love decorating my house and with the new paint, we purchased some new decor. Here is a picture of an adorable saying that I just love and had to get :)


Spencer putting up the new decor. I believe I was on cloud nine at this moment. It was so fun to see this hard work pay off!


This is in our living room! I love this! I wanted to do something different on this wall and I'm so glad I chose it. It was quite the chore for Spencer and I to do, but well worth it!


This is in our hallway. I also love this. The vinyl depicts our journey so far and Spencer painted and antiqued the shutters. Once again, I have a talented man!


Our hallway. We love the way it turned out. 


We also did work out in the yard. We poured more cement in our driveway to make more parking available. My sister's husband helped along with Spencer's brothers, cousins, and uncle.












My nephew, Andrew, came to play that day as well. He worked out with me and then we bought the guys doughnuts, and then walked to my city's parade. We had a blast! Here we are at the parade! Andrew got a huge bag of candy from the parade! He was one happy boy, he loved it!!

After the parade, the guys were still working on the cement, so I decorated my front door :) 


I purchased barstools for $10 and they were blue and orange. We refurbished them and I am in love!!





Our last project of the summer was painting our fence. It was painted on the outside, but needed to be painted on the inside of our yard. Fun, fun times!! Spencer and I had a lot of fun doing these projects together...there's just something about knowing that you can depend on one another :)

No comments: