Thursday, August 22, 2013

#vacationmode

Spencer and I took a "vacation" to Idaho this past weekend. Since we worked so hard this summer and it was our only "vacation," we are calling it just that :)! We drove to my mom's house Wednesday night with our dogs. Our dogs always get so so so excited to see my mom so beforehand, I took them on quite a long walk before our trip, but they still had tails a waggin' when they saw my mom!

Thursday was a very special day and one we will always remember! Last October, Spencer's grandpa's brother (Uncle George) who is 95, had a stroke. When Spencer went to see him in the hospital, Spencer promised to get him Soda Springs water. Uncle George has been drinking this water for 93 years and saying he loves it, is an understatement :)! Well, we had the opportunity to not only get him Soda Springs water, but take him and his wife, Aunt Charlotte with us! 
Soda Springs water is mineral water located in a spring in Soda Springs, Idaho about 2 hours from where my mom, Uncle George and Aunt Charlotte live. We had a fun drive there listening to all of Uncle George's stories. Spencer told him he needs to write a book and come to find out, he has been working on it :)!

Our first stop in Soda Springs was of course, to eat! We found this little diner and had lunch.

Then we went to the famous geyser that goes off every hour on the hour; unfortunately, it didn't go off for some reason, but we still managed to have fun!



Then we headed up to Hooper Spring to fill up water for Uncle George! Here are all our water bottles. Spencer and I have been saving them up for this day :)!


Here is Uncle George after he took a sip of his Soda Springs water. I loved seeing him so content!

Here is my handsome guy filling up water for his uncle! This guy will do anything for anyone! He makes me fall in love with him more everyday and that day was definitely no exception!

Here we both are filling up water. The spring was quite cold, but we both had so much fun filling up all the water bottles! When we were done filling them up, we would give them to Uncle George and he would dry them off. Fun, fun time spent with family!!

Right by the spring, was a plaque that lists the minerals that are in the water, pretty cool!

I had to get a picture with Uncle George and Aunt Charlotte and all the water bottles of Soda Springs water. We even gave some to other visitors that also stopped by while we were there :)!

Here is another picture of Hooper Spring!



After our fun trip to Soda Springs, we came back to my mom's and my sister, her kids, and their pup were also there! It was a slumber party for sure! This pic was taken right after we worked out. My niece, Elle, in the front row, is my workout buddy!!!

My mom lives right by the Snake River, so we all took the dogs for a walk and Spencer, the kids, and the dogs decided to play in the water!

Spencer is such a good uncle and the kids just adore him and love playing with him :)!


Our cute niece, Brinley, who is 16 months old. She is a doll! We had fun playing with her!


Here is a picture Spencer was able to get of me working out with my mom, sister, and niece Saturday morning. Working out is a huge part of my life and that is thanks to my mom who has made that a big part of her life since I was little. I love being able to workout with them. My niece worked out with me all 3 days I was there. It was a lot of fun. She's so cute and I love spending time with her. It reminds me of when I was young working out with my mom and my sisters :)!

We loved playing at the river so much, that we went back again on Saturday!



This is a picture of Sash and Westin (our Brittany Spaniels) swimming in the river. They loved it!!
 
It is so much fun to watch Spencer with our dogs! I love this picture! Our Shih Tzus even swam, but that's because Spencer put them in the river and they swam to get out :). They weren't fans, but I'm proud to say they are quite the good swimmers. I didn't get pics, but I got videos :)!

Then my other sister and her kids came up and we all went to the fair. It was the Cassia County Fair in good ol' Burley, Idaho. That's where Spencer and I met 12 years ago and started dating, crazy!!  I wasn't able to get any pics unfortunately, but my cute niece, Emma, hacked my phone and posted it on IG! Cute girl!

Elle also hacked my phone earlier in the week! These 11 year olds know more about my phone than I do which comes in handy when I have a question. Who would have thought?!

Spencer and I had such a fun vacation and we were so sad to leave, but we definitely made fun memories! We love our family so much!!

No comments: