Monday, August 31, 2009

Life is good!

I have been at my job for almost two weeks now and love it! It was one of the smartest things I ever did becoming a nurse~ maybe my family thinks so too! My sisters and mom call me all the time on medical questions (don't worry, I love it, so keep the questions coming). I worked days for a few times and now I am at graves. I actually love graves! The pay is so much higher and I am kept constantly busy during my shift! I am training to be the charge nurse. It is kinda scary and exciting knowing I will be the one that calls the shots at night. Spencer was so sweet and bought me "black out" curtains, so that I can sleep during the day! It has worked wonders and I have been sleeping so good! Not to mention, my poor dogs won't sleep at night when I am gone, so they sleep so good with me! Spencer is doing great at his job and loves it! He is such a hard worker and has treated me like a princess with my change in schedule. I asked him to please get home by 4pm on Friday since it was my night off. He walked into my "dark" room at 3:30pm while I was still laying down~best feeling ever! AND if you know Spencer, that just does not happen~being on time that is, lol! It is crazy to think where we were for the past two years and where we are now~a major 180 degree turn. The Lord definitely has a plan for us and I am glad we stuck it out when things got hard!

3 comments:

Holly and Derek said...

I am glad that you are enjoying your job! And that is great that your body has adjusted to working nights. I don't think that I could handle it.

Halfords said...

I'm glad things are going well at work. And that everything turned out well from last night!

Hodges Family said...

Sounds like a great job you are awesome to stick it out!