Wednesday, December 4, 2013

10k race

Thanksgiving morning Spencer and I woke up bright and early to meet up with my mom and brother in law to run in The Human Race. My brother in law owns Port of Subs and was sponsoring so how could we turn it down, lol?! At least that's what I told myself, hehe! We were wanting to run the 10k. I was so excited, but also a bit nervous because I have done 5k's, but never a 10k. The night before, we found out my brother in law's brother accidentally signed us all up for the 5k, so the nerves left and I was ready to run!! Well, we all met up at the race bright and early and it is so cold (I'm literally shivering, eek!), but we are excited and ready!! We got there early and the 10k had not even started yet, so of course when they announce the 10k runners to start lining up at the start line, we all look at each other and say let's go!! If I could describe my family with one story, this would be a good one! We are always up for the challenge and definitely encourage each and every one!! None of us thought we were running over 6 miles that morning when we first got there, but we did and we all did awesome. I love running with my mom! She's my fav!! I just adore her! I get my pace from her and I'm proud :) Spencer and my brother in law were way ahead of us from the get go. They're amazing!! I love my family so much and had so much fun with them during the race!! I cannot wait to do it again!!

Later, we all had Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house. It was so fun and delicious!!
I love this time of year and being able to spend it with family!! We have so much to be thankful for!!

No comments: